Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Polygons - Matariki stars

Kuraia

polygons shapes.PNG

In class today , my class had been doing an activity on making polygons from the matariki stars. As you can see I have made 12 polygons and it was a really fun activity. Although, it took time to do because I had to connect so many lines and there were plenty for me to do. From this activity I have learnt that any Irregular shapes that has the same sides as a normal shape, it will still be called the same. As an example, if there is an irregular shape that has 6 sides, it will be a hexagon. Anyways , it is a really interesting fact to have not known about and hopefully I would keep learning more new things from doing activities like this.

Anyways the shapes I made from these stars were
1.Pentagon
2. Heptagon
3. Polygon
4. Quadrilateral
5. Heptagon
6. Octagon
7. Hexagon
8. Pentagon
9. Hexagon
10. Hexagon
11. Pentagon
12. Quadrilateral



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kuraia!

Your Post of polygons are really interesting, Even when it's about matariki which is quite a new thing now in days. But your Post about polygons is so amazing. Keep working hard!!!

Post a Comment