Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

Omaru Creek

Kuraia - Omaru Creek 03/03/2017

Omaru creek is a long river filled with old chip packets, empty beer bottles to broken chairs and umbrella’s. The pipes are clogged up with filthy stuff as well as wet wipes being flushed down the drains and into the creek. This had started when a sewer pipe had started leaking a few weeks ago.

A maintenance crew came out to help the habitat of cat fishes, crabs , eels and so on. Breaking their backs to pick up the rubbish and restoring freshwater again. Pulling out seaweed from the top of the water and clearing the surrounding.But as you can see ,it’s still polluted.

There have been eels floating to the surface of the water , from dieing in the filthy habitat there living in, and all those time we’ve been observing the river of what we can do,there haven’t been that much sight seeing of eels or cat fishes.

So for my school and I ,have a responsibility of caring for omaru creek, and from my observing, I think we should take out all the rubbish and pull out vines that aren't very crucial for the creatures. Let’s start caring for our environment.So I hope ,that when all this misery is over,our creek wouldn't look like this.

Image result for omaru creek glen innes

4 comments:

solomone @ Glen Innes School said...

Nice writing

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Malo lelei, my name is Timote
I study at Ruapotaka school and I’m a year 8. I’m one of your partners for the quad blogging program. I am learning about pests. All I have done so far is an explanation. I think your message about looking after the creek was amazing.
Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...


Hi, my name is Pio I study at St pius x school and I’m a year 8. And i like Your explanation about the Omaru creek and keep up the great work.

Post a Comment