Pages

Sunday 26 June 2016

Vocabulary

Kuraia

Similes - Is like when you say something and it is similar to something else you said.
Explanation
  • This cake was as sweet as lollies
  • My sister walks as slow as a turtle
  • That boy in my class is as funny as a clown
  • My brother was as fast like lightning

Alliteration - It’s like when you describe something and they all mostly start with the same letter .
Explanation
  • The weird broom busted it’s way out of the brick house .
  • My mum baked a magnificent mud cake .
  • My bag was as heavy as a block of bricks .
  • My cousin had a dance crew is canada

Metaphors - When you compare something to something else or compare someone else to something .
Explanation
  • The computer is an old dinosaur
  • Australia is a melting pot
  • Dad is an angry bull
  • My mum is a sweet flower

Onomatopoeias - Sounds that are like created
Explanation

  • Moooo
  • Ring ring
  • Buzzzz
  • Flush
  • Bang
  • Slap

0 comments:

Post a Comment