Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2018

A trip to remote Tokelau

Image result for tokelau






Returning back to tokelau , I noticed the changes happening
around the sea as well as what's happening above me. It was
always pouring so I’d spend most of my time lying down looking
at my study books ,wondering how proud my family would be of
me. But then I realised that if it’s bad out at sea then how bad
would it be on land, wondering if my family's ok. I easily get motion
sickness so with all the rocking on the boat, it didn’t help at all .
My favourite part on the trip was when it hit dusk, everyone would
receive a hot cup of Milo and it would always refresh me. As we
got closer to tokelau, I could see the small island from more than
10 yards away. As I observed the full island I look at all the changes
I’d have to adapt to since I was so used to living in a modern world
while I was studying. I noticed all the sea walls against houses and
palm trees as well as a crowd of people waving at us with joy. When
I got off the boat, I knew I was finally home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment